After my first attempt at making quick and easy chocolate fudge was a success, I decided to try to make fudge that requires more than 3 ingredients. The decision of what kind to make was fairly easy once I found a recipe for Nutella fudge.
Recipe from Not Your Momma's Cookie
1/2 cup salted butter
1/2 cup whole milk or half and half (I used half and half)
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla (DIY Vanilla Extract)
1 cup Nutella (I used a heaping cup)
2 1/2 -23/4 cups confectioner's sugar
1. Line an 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan with parchment paper. Then spray with cooking spray.
2. Place the confectioner's sugar in a mixing bowl and set aside. (I suggest measuring out all your ingredients and setting them out at this point. If you line the measuring cup for the Nutella with saran wrap it will come out really easily.)
3. Melt butter over medium low heat.
4. Add the milk and light brown sugar.
5. Bring to a boil over medium heat and boil for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Remove the pan from the heat and quickly add the vanilla and Nutella.
7. Stir until the Nutella is melted.
8. Carefully pour the Nutella mixture over the confectioner's sugar and mix quickly until combined.
9. Immediately pour the fudge into the prepared pan, and smooth.
10. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
11. To release, run a warm knife around the edge of the fudge.
12. Peel the parchment paper off the fudge.
13. Cut the fudge into squares, a pizza cutter can be useful for this.
This fudge is seriously creamy and delicious.
Plus it was surprisingly easy to make!
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!
If you like this post you should check out...