Can someone please explain to me why everything that is made with browned butter is absolutely delicious????
Seriously, whether it is in a sweet or savory dish it always ends up being amazing!
I came across a recipe for these cookie from MMM...CAFE and just had to try them!
They are amazing, and I'm not exaggerating. I sent some to work with my husband and they were a huge hit! They are the perfect not too sweet cookie.
Please note that there is a 1 hour chill time required for these cookies.
Browned Butter Cookies
Recipe adapted from MMM...CAFE
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
1 cup granulated sugar
pinch of salt (I used Kosher)
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (DIY vanilla extract)
2 1/3 cups flour
extra sugar, for rolling the cookies in (When I make these again I plan on trying raw sugar for this step.)
1. In a larger bowl cream the butter and sugar together.2. Add the egg yolks and vanilla, and mix well.
4. Roll tablespoon amounts of the dough into balls.
5. Chill the balls in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
7. Roll the balls in sugar and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
8. Flatten the balls with the bottom of a glass, and re-dip in sugar and replace on parchment lined baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will appear slightly undercooked, but that is what you want.
10. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 1 minute.
11. Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (DIY vanilla extract)
4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. In a medium skillet, brown the butter over medium heat, while stirring occasionally. The butter will become foamy, and little golden brown flecks will appear. Remove the butter from the heat before it burns.
2. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl combine sugar, vanilla, browned butter, and cream.
4. Beat on medium-high speed until creamy.
5. Spread or pipe onto cooled cookies.
If you like this post you should check out...
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!