These almonds are delicious and addictive!
They taste just like the ones you can find at the mall. Plus, they make your house smell amazing!!!! My kids couldn't stop talking about how "yummy" our house was.
Slow Cooker Almonds
Recipe from The Recipe Critic
1 1/2 cups Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 cups Brown Sugar (I used dark brown sugar)
3 Tablespoons Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 Egg White
2 teaspoons Vanilla (DIY Vanilla Extract)
3 cups Almonds
1/4 cup Water
1. In a large bowl mix granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
2. In a small bowl whisk together egg white and vanilla, until frothy.
3. Add the almonds to the egg mixture and coat thoroughly.
4. Add the coated almonds to the sugar mixture and coat thoroughly.
6. Add the almond mixture to the slow cooker and turn the slow cooker to low. (It just looks like a big sugary mess at this point. It won't turn syrupy until you add the water.)
7. Cook the almonds for 3-4 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
8. During the very last hour of cooking and the 1/4 water and stir well. (This helps the coating get crunchy.)
9. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or your counter), and spread the almonds onto the sheet to cool. The almonds will be sticky, so separate them or you will have a giant almond piece.
The first time I made these I made a double batch in my 6 quart slow cooker, and at the end I dumped them out on parchment paper. They came out perfectly fine. But if my husband was not there to help me separate the almonds, I would not have been able to separate them all before they cooled.
The second time I made them I scooped them out of the slow cooker one-by-one and was able to separate them on my own with no problems.
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!