It is that time of year again when bakers' twine comes in handy for packaging up homemade goodies. The cost of baker's twine can really add up if you need a lot or want to use a lot of different colors. This year after seeing a video on youtube, I decided to make my own instead of buying it.
-Size 10 Crochet Thread, get it from your local craft store and use a coupon to get 400 yards for around $2-$3
-Sharpies or another permanent marker
-Cardboard (or a ruler covered in painter's tape)
1. Cut a piece of cardboard about the size of a ruler (or use a ruler covered in tape).
2. Tape 1 end of the crochet thread to cardboard.
3. Wrap the crochet thread around the cardboard in a single layer.
4. Once you have wrapped the length you desire to make, tape down the other end and cut it.
5. Using a permanent marker color diagonal lines across the thread on both sides of the cardboard.
6. Unwrap the crochet thread, and enjoy your creation.
Just imagine the possibilities! All the colors and all the gifts you could wrap!!!
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!