Earlier this month I posted about how much my family loves oven roasted carrots. Today I thought I would share how I make oven roasted sweet potatoes.
These little guys are another super easy side that take very little prep time, but give you delicious results. I know that when I make these, my entire family will eat them without issue.
These sweet potatoes were the first "table" food my kids ever had when they were babies. Just peel off the skin, make sure they are not too hot, and you are good to go.
Olive Oil - for drizzling
Fine Sea Salt - for sprinkling (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil, and drizzle with olive oil.
3. Wash and pat dry your sweet potatoes.
4. Cut your sweet potatoes into slices, about 1/2" thick. (If you want them thinner or thicker that is fine. Just try to be consistent, and remember that you may have to adjust your baking time.)
5. Place your sweet potato slices on the prepared baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil.
6. Lightly sprinkle the sweet potatoes with sea salt.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, then flip the slices and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes. The sweet potatoes should be soft and easily poked through with a fork.
Once baked, the skins are crispy and the centers of each slice are filled with creamy goodness. My kids love them so much, they think they are having desert with dinner.
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!