This past Friday was Crazy Hair Day at my daughter's school.
My daughter was super excited about it, and kept asking what she was going to do.
My first thought was to put a bunch of barrettes in her hair, but we ended up deciding on color instead.
I didn't have any of the spray hair color stuff, so we went to plan B.
I came across this idea on a pet grooming blog.
Thank You Pinterest!
This is a super simple idea to pull off at the last minute for a Halloween or costume party you end up attending at the last minute.
Sidewalk Chalk (I used Crayola)
1. Place some water in a bowl and allow the chalk to soak for 5-10 minutes.
2. Grind the chalk in the bowl to create a paste. (kind of like a mortar & pestle)
3. Wet hair slightly.
4. Apply paste to hair. (It will dye your hands but it washes right off with a little scrubbing, so no worries.)
5. Allow hair to dry.
6. Spray hair with hair spray.
7. Allow hairspray to dry.
8. Tip head upside down and lightly scrunch hair to knock out the excess chalk.
9. Repeat steps 6, 7 & 8 if necessary.
10. Finish with a coating of hairspray.
This is my daughter's hair before I sent her out the door to school.
All day I stressed over what kind of mess her hair was making, and how much her teachers were going to hate me...LOL.
As soon as she walked out of the school, and I could pick her out by her hair color I knew this idea was a success!
This was her hair after school.
Don't you just love how I can almost never get her to look at the camera?!?! Apparently I have traumatized her over the years with all my picture taking or something..LOL!
Clean up was a snap!
It all washed out in 1 shampooing.
This is an idea that I will definitely use again!
It was easy to do, easy to clean-up, and I won't have a ton of different cans of hair color sitting around year to year.
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!