Today I was doing my weekly cleaning, and it dawned on me that I shared my Scrabble Art, but I never shared some of the other items I made for the mantel in my living room.
One of my favorite pieces is a "Y" made out of washers. It is super easy to create.
The hardest part is deciding what you want your letter to look like.
Picture Frame - I used 8x10
Art Canvas - I used 8x10
White Paint - I used some leftover acrylic I had (optional)
Paint Brush - I used a foam brush so there wouldn't be brush marks (optional)
Washers of varying sizes - I got some at Home Depot
Glue - I used Duco Cement*
1. Remove the glass and backing from the frame.
2. Make sure your canvas fits in the frame.
3. Remove the canvas from the frame and paint the canvas. You can paint it any color you like or leave the canvas plain. I just painted the canvas white. The reason I like to paint the canvas is that way if you make a mistake or drip some glue you can easily touch it up with some paint.
4. While the paint is drying, start laying your washers out on a table in different arrangements until you find one you like.
5. Once the paint is dry, use the wooden skewer to apply a thin layer of glue to your washers. Depending on your glue's dry time you may only want to do 1-3 at a time before adhering them to the canvas.
6. Allow your canvas to remain flat overnight to ensure that the glue has dried and none of your washers move.
7. If necessary, touch up the paint.
8. Place the canvas in your frame, and stand back and enjoy your work!
If you would like to check out my inspiration go here.
I know I promised that I would start posting the amount it cost me to make my projects, but this is one that I made before I had my blog so I really don't remember the cost. I still plan on posting the cost on any new projects I post :)
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!