This past week I received a request asking for the recipe to the pudding dessert I served at my kids' birthday parties. My daughter was on Spring Break this week and I have no lunches to share, so I thought it would be the perfect time to share the "DIRT" recipe.
DIRT - pudding dessert
Adapted from KraftRecipes.com
2 cups cold milk
1- 4 serving size package of chocolate instant pudding
1 - 8 oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed
3/4 -1 package of Oreo cookies, finely crushed
gummy worms or fruit snacks (optional)
1. Crush the Oreos in a food processor, or by hand in a ziploc bag.
2. In a large bowl beat the milk and pudding with a wire whisk, until well blended.
3. Allow the pudding mixture to stand for 5 minutes.
4. Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
5. Layer the crushed Oreos and pudding mixture in a bowl, or individual cups.
6. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Garnish with gummy worms or fruit snacks, if desired.
For my son's Ninja Turtle party I made a 1.5 batch the recipe and layered it in an 8" diameter round truffle bowl.
To make 1.5 times the batch the measurements are:
3 cups cold milk
1- 6 serving size package of chocolate instant pudding
1.5 - 8 oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed
1 package of Oreo cookies, finely crushed
For my daughter's Little Miss Sunshine and Lalaloopsy parties, I layered the DIRT in a large bowl and decorated it with flowers and gummies.
For the Little Miss Sunshine party I made a single batch.
For the Lalaloopsy party I made a 1.5 batch.
TIP: I wrap the stem of the flowers in GLAD Press'n Seal before placing them in the "DIRT".
I'll Be Linking Up At Some Of These Parties!