Every week I try to make a treat with the kids that they can enjoy throughout the week. This week we made one out of Trix cereal, because it was on sale at the grocery store.
I have to say that these little guys are a favorite in this house. We make them for play dates, birthdays, and just for a fun treat.
Adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic
10 cups of Trix cereal (I used a 10.7oz box. The side of the box says it's approximately 9 cups, but I measured it and got 10 cups)
6 cups of mini marshmallows or 60 large marshmallows
5 tablespoons margarine or butter
2. In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the pot and stir until they are melted.
4. Remove the pot from the heat.
6. Spread the Trix mixture in the prepared baking dish. You can either spread the mixture by using a spoon, or my favorite way, spray your hands with a little cooking spray and press it down.
7. Once cool, cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to cut into shapes.