I am totally convinced that cereal was invented so that we could all enjoy cereal treats, not so that it could be drench in milk. If the Trix Treats I shared with you didn't convince you of this, then the Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats I'm sharing today will.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
Recipe Adapted From Cookies & Cups
1 - 12.2 oz box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch
3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
6 Tablespoons Margarine
2 - 10.5 oz. bags of mini marshmallows (set aside 1/2 of one of the bags of marshmallows)
1/2 cup white chocolate, melted (optional)
2. In a large stock pot melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add 1 1/2 bags of marshmallows to the pot and stir until they are melted.
4. Remove the pot from the heat.
5. Add the Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Rice Krispies, and 1/2 a bag of mini marshmallows to the pot with the melted marshmallows and butter. Stir until everything is coated.
6. Spread the cereal mixture in the prepared baking dish. You can either spread the mixture by using a spoon, or my favorite way, spray your hands with a little cooking spray and press it down.
7. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals.
8. Spread melted chocolate on top of cereal bars.
9. Once cool, cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to cut into shapes.
Everyone loved these just as they were, but next time I think I'll leave the white chocolate off or switch it with milk or dark chocolate.
I'll Be Linking Up At Some Of These Parties!