I have been on a quinoa kick lately, so it was just a matter of time before I mixed it with my two favorite things; tomato, and basil. I just love the smell and taste of fresh basil, it soothes my soul.
This dish can be served warm or cold. It is a great side to a meal, but can be served on its own as well.
Tomato Basil Quinoa
1 1/2 cups Quinoa, rinsed and drained
2-4 teaspoons of olive oil
1/2 a small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
2 large tomatoes, chopped
1 handful of fresh basil, chopped
fresh mozzarella pearls, or mozzarella chopped
fresh ground pepper, to taste
sea salt, to taste
1. Cook your quinoa; according to package directions, and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan, over medium heat.
3. Add the chopped onion, and cook until translucent.
4. Add the tomato to the onion and cook, stirring frequently until the tomato is soft.
5. Add the basil and cook for 1-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
6. Stir the quinoa into the tomato mixture.
7. Remove from heat, and stir in the mozzarella cheese.
8. Season with salt and pepper.
9. Serve and enjoy!
I'll Be Linking Up At Some Of These Parties!