Monkey Bread is an oldie but a goodie. I remember loving this when I was a kid, but this past weekend was the first time I ever made it for my kids. Its cinnamon, gooey, goodness is just so good!
2 cans refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits
1 cup granulated sugar
2 Tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a medium/large bowl with a lid or a large ziploc bag, place the granulated sugar, and cinnamon.
4. Cut the biscuits into quarters. I like to use a pizza cutter or kitchen shears to cut the biscuits dipped in warm water.
5. Place the cut biscuits into the cinnamon mixture and shake until the biscuits are evenly coated.
6. Place the coated biscuits and the remainder of the cinnamon mixture in the prepared bunt pan. Take care not to fill your bunt pan more than 2/3 full, or when the biscuits expand in the oven you may have a mess on your hands.
7. In a small sauce pan, melt the butter.
8. Add the brown sugar to the melted butter, and bring the mixture to the a boil.
9. Boil the mixture for 30 second.
10. Remove the butter mixture from the heat, and very carefully pour it over the biscuits the bunt pan. Try to make sure to coat the tops of all the biscuits.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes. When you remove the bunt pan from the oven the biscuits will have expanded and much of the butter mixture will have soaked to the bottom of the pan.
12. Flip the bunt pan over on a plate and allow to sit for 5 minutes. This will allow the syrupy butter mixture to drain back through the biscuits.
13. Remove bunt pan and enjoy!!!
I'll Be Linking Up At Some Of These Parties!