I am beginning to think that I buy bananas just to let them turn brown so I can make something with them. At least that is what it seems like lately. In less than a month I have made banana bread with vanilla brown butter glaze, banana Nutella bread, and now I made banana Nutella cookies.
In my opinion these cookies needed more Nutella, but they were delicious banana cookies even without increasing the Nutella. Next time I make these I will be doubling the Nutella, or making a Nutella icing for on top.
Banana Nutella Cookies
recipe from Chef In Training
1 1/2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Kosher)
3/4 cup shortening (I used butter flavored)
2 large mashed ripe bananas (mine came out to about 1 cup)
1 3/4 oats (I used old fashioned)
1/4 cup Nutella
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt together.
3. Cut in the shortening.
4. Beat in bananas and egg.
5. Mix in the oats.
6. Drop the Nutella on top of the batter by spoonful.
7. Slice the Nutella into the batter, so it looks swirly.
8. Drop by spoonful onto a greased baking sheet.
9. Bake for about 8-10 minutes.
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!