Once again I found myself starring at some very sad looking bananas on my kitchen counter. I was extremely tempted to make more banana bread with vanilla brown butter glaze, but I decided to try something new.
This bread to a real treat. It is super moist and has tons of banana and Nutella goodness!!
I used whole wheat flour because that is what I had on hand. Plus, it makes me feel a little better about all the Nutella..LOL.
Banana Nutella Bread
recipe from Chef In Training
2 cups flour (I used whole wheat)
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used Kosher)
1/4 cup butter, softened (I used unsalted)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup mashed banana - about 3 medium bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla (DIY Vanilla Extract)
1/3 cup milk (I used fat free)
3/4 heaping cup of Nutella (I used 1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare 8x4" loaf pan with non stick spray.
3. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt together.
4. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar together, with an electric mixer.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
6. Add banana, milk, and vanilla. Mix until blended.
7. Add flour mixture to your banana mixture, and stir until just blended.
8. Place Nutella into a small microwave safe dish. Microwave the Nutella for 15 seconds.
9. Add 1 cup of your prepared batter to the Nutella and mix well.
10. Alternate spooning the Nutella batter and plain batter into the prepared loaf pan.
11. Swirl the batters with a knife.
12. Bake for 50-60 minutes. It will seem a little undercooked, but that is ok.
13. Cool for at least 15 minutes in pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!