If you are looking for a quick and easy patriotic dessert that everybody loves, try a poke cake.
They are super easy to make, and most importantly super yummy!!!
I made the one pictured above for Memorial Day using strawberry jello and French vanilla pudding, but you could do any combination you'd like. One of my favorite combinations is lime jello and lemon pudding, it is such a refreshing duo on a hot day.
Ingredients & Directions
1 box cake mix (baked as directed on package)
1 4-serving box of jello (flavor of your choice, I used strawberry)
1 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water
1. Mix and bake cake per package directions in a 9"x13" pan.
2. Let the cake cool for 20 minutes on a wire rack.
3. Dissolve the jello in boiling water and add the cold water to it; set aside.
4. While the cake is still in the pan, poke deep holes through the top of the cake with a meat fork, toothpick, or skewer. Space the holes about 1/2" apart.
5. Pour the dissolved jello over cake.
6. Refrigerate the cake, and allow it to cool completely.
1 4-serving package of instant pudding (I used French Vanilla)
1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup milk
1 8oz. Cool Whip
1. Mix the instant pudding with the milk.
2. Stir the confectioners' sugar into the pudding mixture.
3. Fold the Cool Whip into the pudding mixture.
4. Spread the mixture on the completely cooled cake.
You can decorate the cake however you choose.
I think the fresh fruit made a delicious addition to this cake.