Yesterday I shared with you how to make steamed snow crab legs. In this house crab legs always come with garlic cheesy biscuits. If you've ever been to Red Lobster, you know what I'm talking about. My husband loves them, and over the years we have tried a lot of copycat recipes. His favorite are these from Lauren's Latest.
The great thing about this recipe is that not only are the biscuits delicious, but I always have the ingredients on hand.
Garlic Cheesy Biscuits - Red Lobster Copycat
Recipe adapted from Lauren's Latest
Make 8 biscuits.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with non-stick foil.
3. Cut cold butter into the flour mixture until coarse. (I use a pastry blender.)
4. Stir 1/2 cup grated cheese, and milk into flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Drop by large spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, making 8 biscuits.
6. Top each biscuit with a little shredded cheese.
7. Bake biscuits for 12-15 minutes. Tops and bottoms should be slightly browned.
8. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet.
9. Serve warm.
I'll Be Linking Up At These Parties!