Stuffed shells have been a favorite of mine ever since I was I kid. Now that I am making them for my family, I have made a few changes from my mother's recipe. I am happy to say my kids and husband love them as much as I do.
Cheese Stuffed Shells
1 pkg jumbo shells pasta, cooked according to package directions
8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
8 oz muenster cheese, shredded
15 oz ricotta
26 oz jar a spaghetti sauce, divided
2-4 cooked chicken breasts, cut to about the size of a jumbo shell (optional)
2.Cook shells according to package directions.
3. Shred the mozzarella and muenster cheeses, into a bowl.
4. Add the ricotta cheese to the mozzarella and muenster cheeses, and mix. (It will look crumbly.)
5. Spread some of the sauce on the bottom of a 9"x13" baking pan. (Just enough to cover it.)
6. Roll the cheese mixture into an egg shape, and stuff it into a cooked shell.
7. Place the stuffed shell, seem side down into the baking sheet.
8. Repeat step 5 & 6 until all the shells are filled.
*** If you would like to add some cooked chicken breast, add it to the baking dish now. Just spread it out among the shells.
9. Cover the shells with the remaining sauce.
10. Cover the baking dish with foil and poke a few holes in the foil.
11. Bake for 35 minutes.
12. Serve and Enjoy!
These stuffed shells freeze and reheat well. I like to freeze them by individual serving.
I'll Be Linking Up At Some Of These Parties!