Potatoes, in almost any form, are one of my favorite sides when grilling. A super easy way to cook potatoes on the grill is in a foil packet. They are practically fix it and forget it.
1/2 - 5 pound bag of Yellow Potatoes
1/4 - 1/2 cup Butter
Salt & Pepper
Olive Oil (optional)
1/2 a medium onion (optional)
2. Place a piece of aluminum foil (I use nonstick) on a plate.
3. Drizzle foil with olive oil. (This step is optional but I find that the bottom potatoes are less likely to burn when I do this.)
4. Place sliced potatoes and onions on the foil.
5. Top the potatoes with pads of butter. (Use 1/4 cup if you used the olive oil, a 1/2 cup if you did not.)
6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Fold two opposite ends of the foil one over the other.
8. Crimp open sides closed.
10. Around the 35 minute mark, open the packet slightly and poke a potato with a fork to check for doneness. (You should be able to poke through the potato with little to no resistance.) If the potatoes aren't done, let them cook a little longer.
Once the potatoes are done, serve and enjoy!
These potatoes go great with the oven baked corn I posted earlier.
Linking Up With: